We recently had a lovely holiday dinner party with great company and loads of delicious food!
- Arabic mini-spinach and za’atar bites (Left hand side in photo above)
*Za’atar is a Middle Eastern green and bright yellow spice mixture that is a blend of herbs, sesame and salt. I thought the Za’atar wrapped bites were tastier than the spinach ones.
- Cheese & Crackers
- Assorted Vegetables & Dip
- Shrimp Cocktail with Spicy Red Sauce
- Honey ham with Pumpkin
*The ham was wonderful– Full of flavor, tender, slightly caramelized. The pumpkin didn’t actually cook fully in the time it took to cook the ham, so I would suggest substituting the pumpkin with pieces of potatoes and/or onion.
- Parisian Salad with Walnuts, Cranberries, Feta Cheese & Balsamic Dressing
- Fresh Crab with Ginger Soy Sauce
*Very delicious and since the crab legs were already cracked, easy to get to the meat.
- Nian Gao (Sticky Noodles) with Chicken, Carrots, and Mushroom
- Kung Pao Chicken with Red Peppers
- Eggplant and Garlic
- Fish with Ginger Teriyaki Sauce
- Chocolate-Raspberry Noel Log
*This was my favorite dessert– Decorated beautifully and tasted heavenly. The chocolate was incredibly rich, smooth, and pure. The bit of raspberry swirl complemented the cake well.
- Japanese Mochi with Red Bean Filling
- Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies
- Traditional Christmas Cookies with Raisin, Nuts & Sugar Filling
*It’s one of our family traditions to make this delightful treat during the holiday time. They are crispy-chewy flaky morsels of sweetness and topped with red & green sprinkles for the season.
I hope that your holiday was filled with much food, family, friends and festivities! Here’s to a Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays & Happy New Year!